Telemarketing / Telesales are one of my favorite services that we offer. I have always enjoyed the challenge and am motivated by results and achieving the goals.
Over the last thirteen years, we have been involved in many different projects, all with varying challenges for us to overcome from cold calling to generate leads, to Mystery Shopping and Headhunting.
The projects are usually time-sensitive and need the team to meet deadlines and agreed objectives. There have been many campaigns for a local marketing agency to complete surveys for their clients. At times, this has required us to ask them to watch a video while on the phone, which was extremely challenging to get them to participate and then give their feedback due to the time commitment involved.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office – ICO and follow their principals and guidance on UK Guide to Data Protection – GDPR. Please visit their website for further information https://ico.org.uk/
Our clients usually provide us with the data we work from, which is always fully compliant with GDPR and Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations – PECR.
- Plan time.
- Be prepared first – 7 seconds counts.
- Combine with other marketing – another touchpoint.
- Get past the gatekeeper.
- Decide on results – target market.
- Numbers game – every no is closer to a yes.
- Be prepared – diary.
- Establish your credibility.
- Duty to make a call or competitor will.
- Scripts can be helpful but can make you stilted if just read.
- Remember to listen.
- Make it personal try to develop rapport.
- Never be rude; remember you are interrupting their day.
- Stand Up
- Stay motivated.
- Set mini targets.
- Make It Count!
- Understand their pain points.
- Determine if there is a need.
- Remain in control.
- Be persuasive and influence their thinking.
- Deal with any objections raised.
- Ask open questions.
- Follow up when you say you will.
- Relationship building is key.
- Be realistic about appointments.
- Always confirm an appointment the day before.
- Close the deal.
- Beware when buying data always check it is GDPR compliant.
- If outsourcing; check what information you will be given when completed.
If you are interested to hear more, please get in touch, we are happy to have a free no-obligation 30-minute call or Zoom.