Using various software, from PowerPoint and Publisher to Canva and Stencil, we can create stunning presentations for speaking engagements, important internal or external meetings or a marketing tool to promote your message and engage your audience.
What type of presentation are you preparing for; Selling, Reporting, Providing Information, Training?
- Decide on the presentation style you need; 6 by 6 rule, 7/7 rule, 10-20-30 rule?
- Structure of your presentation Introduction 15% Main Body 75% Conclusion 10%
- Focus on your audience and their needs.
- Choose readable colours and fonts no smaller than 30 points.
- One line maximum per bullet, six lines per slide, no more than 30 words.
- Use animations sparingly in your presentation.
- Have a plan.
- Tell a story to make your presentation authentic.
- Be honest and conversational.
- Practice your presentation at least ten times; it is best not to read a presentation but to create a conversational style to engage your audience.
- Arrive early to the venue or the online platform.
- Remember, before starting your presentation to introduce yourself and your expertise.
- And remember, you are there to add value to your audience.
Enjoy creating and presenting.
If you found these tips helpful and are looking for help with creating your presentation and would like to have a chat, please give us a call on 07969199325.